Saturday, October 16, 2010

Just Me and You - part 4

Amber's POV

We're in the middle of awkwardness. What should I do now?

Okay, let's start with a simple chat.

"Henry-ah, what..."

"Could we take your orders?" asked someone. I turned my head. A waitress is waiting in front of our table.

"Okay, let's see... What would you want to eat?" asked Henry, holding a menu book. The waitress gave me one and I started reading it.

After we finished ordering, the waiter left us again. OH NO. Not an awkward-moment again.

"Amber-ah? May I ask you something?"

"Yes?"

"Urm, when I was at your dorm, I heard Luna called me 'Mochi'. What's the meaning of that?"

Uh oh.

"Could you tell me?"

What should I tell to him?

Yes. I'm the one who gave him that nickname.

Yes. I took it from his mochi-like cheeks.

But DO I HAVE TO TELL HIM?

"If you don't want to tell me, then that's okay,"


Henry's POV

I didn't tease her. I was really curious about it.

"Amber-ah?"

"Okaaaaaaay. I'll tell you," said her. Yeah.

"I'm listening..."

"So, mm, it was from your cheeks," said her, pointed at my cheeks.

"Huh? How can it be?"

"Go to the mirror and watch by yourself," and I did. Okay, I know now.

"But who gave it?" I turned my body to face her again.

"It's, well, it's me," said her, her face turned red again.

But she's always beautiful the way she is.

"Good choice," I said before laughed really hard, left her face like this --> o.o

"You're not mad?" asked her in disbelief.

"Why do I have to be mad? It's funny! From now on, Mochi is officially my nickname!"

Then we laughed together for a long time.


Author's POV

"Amber-ah?" said Henry.

"Yeah, what?"

"Amber-ah, I've wanted to tell you this, from a very-very long time,"

"Could you please just cut it off?"

"Oookaaaayy. Amber-ah, sa..."

"Here's your orders!" one of the waiters came with a pan full of foods that they ordered. Henry pouted.

He ruined my chance! -____- thought him.

"Henry-ah, these are yours," said Amber, putting some of the plates in front of him.

"Gomawo. Let's eat now," said Henry, pulling his full-of-fried-rice plate to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment